Thursday, October 30, 2008

All Girls School

The other night, someone asked me how I could've stood to go to an all girls school. Others in past have made fun of girls who went to an all girls school. And I was thinking about how much I loved going to an all girls school.

This sounds cliche, but I really think Mount was a huge part of who I've become. For one thing, I don't think I could be as confident and unintimidated in a major dominated by males, had it not been for Mount.

Like most (i won't say all) girls I went to high school with, if given a choice, I don't think I'd of gone elsewhere. Seriously.

Mount was A LOT of fun, too, cept for that Irish math teacher of mine. I'd love to throw my soon to be BS in Civil Engineering in his face.

Thanks mom and dad!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Bet you didn't know there was a time when my mother considered sending me to Mount St. Mary! I believe it was a boarding school at the time (?).

Mike said...

You're welcome Claire....and yes Kelly I remember that also.

Pam said...

Actually, I DIDN'T know, that Mama nearly sent Kelly there until she told me today.

*Sigh* Always out of the loop! LOL!