Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tonight took me back to Summer of 2004

O.A.R. Of A Revolution was the free fall concert at UofA.

I've been wanting to see OAR since beginning of highschool. Especially after summer of 2004. THe greatest summer of my life. None has ever compared. OAR was the soundtrack to that summer, mainly the song "I Feel Home" cause the lyrics were so true...our nights were spent "loitering" in various parking lots and peoples driveways. Never doing something illegal, cept for treking up to Shinall Mountain, and just parking our cars where we could view out over little rock and listen to music, and sometimes having cops come ask for our ID's, and accuse of us "drinkin and smokin dope" and then telling us to leave cause that's all teenagers done on shinall mountain. TRUE STORY. All we'd done was attended a highschool football game, gone to starbucks, and head up to our favorite place to just "chill".

sorry i never told you about that, dad! Not like I got in trouble anyway, we were good kids, seriously.

These lyrics of the song were always our favorite.

Feelin alright, headin out tonight,
maybe out to a dark driveway.
I say now some feel bored,
and some are lookin for more.
Well, we all just decide to stay.
We got nothin to do, and I look at you
I see something that I know and love.
and with the crack of a smile we all stay a while
we know from home there aint nothing above.

Well in the end we can all call a friend
well that's something I know as true.
And then a thousand years and a thousand tears
I'll come back to my original crew

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You've been tagged. Check out my latest blog entry....