Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Australia!

I'm in Australia! been here since sunday morning! 15 hour plane ride was not nearly as bad as I thought it'd be. Sat next to a friend so it made the trip sooo much better! ONly slept for about 2 hours on the flight.

Yet to see a sunny day! Apparently Australia's been in a 7 year drought...couldn't tell from these past few days. It was torrental (sp?) downpour all day! We were supposed to hike the blue mountains today, but postponed for tomorrow (thursday)when the weather SHOULD be better.

Went to Manly Beach our...first? night here. I'm in love with manly! Favorite place thus far. Gorgeous views of the pacific, beautiful homes!

The group is great, everyone appears to get along, although there is a lot of segregation between the boys and girls while eating meals...getting better though. In the airpot the group thinks I have a real southern accent...they need to meet people from Wynne arkansas or benton/bryant. ha

Oh, it's cold here too. It may be australia...but it's cold. I haven't taken many pictures because of the weather! Rain does not make for good pictures. I have some, and we'll be back in sydney at the end of the trip.

I don't have time to post photos so I'll do that when I have free internet at a place besides mcdonalds.

check back soon!

No comments: