Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Headed to the Land of Oz

I'm sure you have all heard, from my dad or facebook page, that I am in fact going to AUSTRALIA this summer!

I'm studying abroad with a group form the University of Virginia. I will spend about a month down under.

I'll start in LA for a couple of days of lectures, then off to sydney, then hobart, then canberra, then melbourne, and then back to sydney, then i'm going on a extra excursion to cairns where i will go to the great barrier reef!

We booked my flights tonigt and I'm more than excited! It's less than two months away! that 14 1/2 hour flight will be terrible! but so long as i don't get LOST on some weird island in the south pacific, i'm good. When I return to the states, I will have arrived 2 1/2 hours before my flight left in Sydney! (i leave sydney at 1045AM and arrive in LA at 645AM on the same day.)

It'll be a crazy busy summer...after Australia I have about 10 days then I more than likely have to go to summer school to do fall schedule conflictions and then in August, my sister and I should be going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando

I'll blogging, skyping, and tweeting from the land down under, so get ready!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Great news about the trip down under!! I had just sent you that map thing about Australia without even knowing you'd gotten in yet and your Dad told me the next day!

He told me today about your blog name change. It shows up with the change in my "following" stuff, but I never got a notice about this entry.