Friday, January 30, 2009

SUPER ICE STORM 2009


AOII house wednesday around noon, tree hanging into lane on maple is still there


garland avenue....the threes looked like a synchronized swimming thing

tree that uprooted tuesday night at corner of maple and garland


outside the quads



somewhere around wilson park





the person driving us had to go THROUGH the tree limbs, it was over both sides of the street






wedington, tree on powerline


old main circle


behind the AOII house...



around wilson park


wedington


garland campus entrance, all the trees you see lining the road, all the limbs are now gone



garland ave again, those trees were the most interesting


the hog outside university house on maple













2 comments:

Kelly said...

Stella must be a betta. I don't think any other tropical fish could have handled the cold (and lack of filtration/oxygen).

Great pix! Thanks for posting them.

I've had my share of ice storms and was really glad this one missed us!

Pam said...

Oh wow, Claire! What incredible pix!! It so reminds me of the ice storms we had when I lived in Louisiana many years ago. We had some really nasty ones.

I have a poem I wrote called "Ice Storm" about one of them.

It's about the trees....it's the trees and their destruction that always make me so sad in photos.

Naturally, I don't discount all the human suffering during these storms. But...the poor trees...